Good news to all OFWs working in Qatar. There’s no need to waste your time by travelling to the Philippines Embassy just to check if your passport is already released. There’s now a new way to check your passport’s status. It’s now made convenient and accessible for everyone since you call check it online.
What are the other ways for your passport to be delivered to you?
Fortunately, if you have checked and don’t have time to get your passport, Philippine Consulate in Doha Qatar also signed a form of agreement with Qatar Postal Services Company (QPost) to do all the picking and delivery of all ready renewed passports to OFWs homes or offices. This project was led by Philippine Ambassador to Qatar Crescente Relacion, as well as Vice-consul Kristine Bautista last August 2015.
Tips in handling your passport
- Always remember that every Filipino in Qatar is advised to do their renewal of their passports 6 months before its expiration since it will take around twenty (20) working days or 1 month or around 45 days before the passport release. This is to avoid inconvenience or delays in any emergency or scheduled travel. Also if you are a Filipino who’s a frequent traveler, it is recommended to renew your passport once half of its pages is already filled out.
- Memorize the date and release of your passport. It will never go wrong to be mindful of the release, expiration and renewal of your passport. These small things can help you a lot in avoiding any issues when you go in and out of the country.
- SEE ALSO:
- Learn about Philippine Stock Market & How to Invest in 2018
- (from 50K) 10 Best Investment Picks in Philippines, OR for 2018
- How To Invest in Metrobank Unit Investment Trust Funds
- Have a saved copy of your passport electronically. It’s better safe than never when you have saved copies of your passport on your electronic devices. How can you do that?
- Use your digital camera
You can take a picture of your passport by just using your digital camera and saved it on your smartphones, laptops, or computers. See to it that you can read all of the details on your passport.
- Use your camera phone
You can also use your mobile phone to take a picture of your passport that’s readable enough and can also view clearly your whole passport together with your picture.
- Use a scanner
A scanner would also be helpful in having a soft copy of your passport. You can just scan your passport and upload the resulting images. See to it that you can read all of the details on your passport.
How to check the status of your passport release online?
- Visit the www.ofwmoney.org website and click on the dates on the calendar. From the links available, you can view the list of the names whose passport are already released. Check Philippine Embassy in Doha, Qatar’s website, dohape.dfa.gov.ph for the release of the name list of e-passport release for 2016.
- You can also like the Facebook page of Philippine Doha Embassy to receive announcements and notifications for further notice.
- If you’re already listed, bring your old passport and official receipt to the Consulate General.
- You can also a representative to get your passport. All you need to do is submit the following; authorization letter, old passport, original receipt, claim stub, and valid identification card of the representative.
- Take note that if you will not get your passport after 6 months of its released, it will be cancelled.